Monday 22 August 2011

-------- UPDATE ---------

HECTIC. HECTIC. HECTIC.

The last two weeks have been thru tha roof! So I had finally started designing the sick collaboration "Isolated Heroes for MC GAFF E" five outfits from the label for the amazing Gaffy Gaffiero when I got distracted all over again with the most exciting email of my life.
If you have been keeping up to date with the facebook page you will know that earlier last week I received an email from an amazing LA stylist asking if we could send some clothes through for a very special client to wear to the MTV Video Music Awards taking place this Sunday. I can't say much more but this client is AMAZING! A nominee at the awards she has to look Fierce and we had to provide a series of outfits that fit to a certain brief of "80s, 90s hip hop" the outfits had to be form fitting, short and HOT HOT HOT. Most people who know the label will know that our signature silhouette is baggy, over sized with a Massive street style 90's influence. Therefore creating something tiny short and form fitted provided a refreshing challenge and I managed to create an entirely new mini silhouette that I plan to take forward into the AW12 range. SO 48 hours with no sleep I had finally put together a package of bright colours, insane prints and 5 hot little outfits perfect for the VMA's. With the fitting taking place tomorrow in LA between the client and stylist i will be waiting with baited breath to find out if everything fits and if she chooses to wear something from the label.

FINGERS AND TOES CROSSED FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS!

So after all the VMA commotion It was straight back to the studio to continue designing for AW12 as the lookbook shoot for the new collection takes place on the 3rd of September ........... only two weeks away!!! I really can't wait for this shoot it will be the first proper shoot since the graduate collection with fresh new models, new concepts and an entirely different collection. With the shoot having been booked for a couple of months my brain has been working in overdrive with ideas for styling and the over all look. Bringing together a new team of professionals for the shoot I am using the incredible Levi Macdonald who will bring a whole new element to the shoot by shooting with a mixture of film and digital and going back to using the super talented Eilidh Graham MUA to bring my stying ideas to life through hair and make up. I really wanted this shoot to be completely insane with no holding back on any ideas and going all out in terms of styling, props, accessories and hair and make up. Some images of props and accessories I have been working on will be going up on the blog in the next few days. But until then its back to chaining myself to the sewing machine and finishing the first pieces of the new collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment