Friday 23 September 2011

ZIAD GHANEM MATKA JOANNA








I always get genuinely giddy waiting to watch the Ziad Ghanem show online!! He is by far one of the most exciting designers coming out of London at the moment. I can't even describe what I like about the shows so much as they are so different from my own label and overall design aesthetic. But I can definitely appreciate the craftmanship that goes into every single one of his garments and I am never disappointed always squealing with excitement when each outfit comes down the runway. The inspiration for the Spring/Summer 2012 collection was taken from an old Polish film Matka Joanna od aniolow (Mother Joan of the Angels). The story unfolds of a nun processed by demons, where love and sacrifice provide her only salvation which Ziad translated into an incredible 16 min theatrical performance with nostalgic and dramatic music choices, obscure models and phenomenal styling! I particularly love the use of paint within the collection with the paint splattered silks and paint dripping off the male models faces and Ghanem’s signature style of modern silhouette meets cult couture. With over 2000 ticket requests to every show I reckon I will be watching online for the next few seasons!

Ziad Ghanem SS12 Full Show from VAUXHALL FASHION SCOUT on Vimeo.



All images ©2011 Christopher Dadey.

No comments:

Post a Comment